Finding the Best Home Inspector Near You
Now that you’ve found the perfect home you wish to purchase, your home buying process doesn’t stop there. There’s still a lot to do, and one of these is to have a home inspection. Yes, you understand how you can reap the immense benefits of having a home inspection. But the question is, how do you find a home inspector that can help you protect your investment?
All home inspectors claim to be home buying and home selling advocates. However, it doesn’t mean you should randomly trust anyone on your most expensive purchase ever. Most of the time, real estate agents have connections with home inspection professionals, but it’s also a good idea to find one on your own.
The quality of a home inspector matters. No matter how beneficial a home inspection should be if the home inspector is not good enough, you wouldn’t be able to feel the fruits of this additional expense. A licensed home inspector should let you see the home as it should be seen. One who could give you the real knowledge you need before you finally close the deal. As a buyer, it helps you find issues to help you decide whether to move forward with the purchase or not. As a seller, it makes you aware of problems before you go listing it on the market. Typically, a home inspection lasts between 2 to 5 hours, depending on the size and age of the home. It covers all major systems and components in the home, including heating and cooling systems, electrical systems, plumbing systems, foundation, crawlspace, basement, interior, exterior, walls, built-in appliances, attic, and roof.
There must be a lot on the home inspector’s plate, so how can he be an expert in so many things? This where background checking matters. Below are 9 helpful tips for you to find the best home inspector near you:
1. Ideally, it’s better to look for a home inspector first before you start looking at homes. You don’t want to rush on choosing the very fits home inspector you find.
2. Your agent has connections and referrals, but you can also ask your friends and family for recommendations. Also, you can take a look at the American Society of Home Inspectors’ website to search for a list of local inspectors http://www.ashi.org
3. Do in-depth research about the prospective inspectors you find. You may want to take a look at the length of service, the type of report they can provide after the home inspection, the number of inspections they have performed, and even the types of home they typically inspect.
4. Look for an inspector who has a broader knowledge about systems and structures, not someone who is only an expert on a single system.
5. Some states require licenses, while others do not. If you belong to a non-requiring state, you can look for other credentials, such as an ASHI Certification.
6. You can look up what others say about your prospective home inspector. Websites such as Yelp, Angie’s List, Home Advisor, Google, and others post reviews and testimonials, which can be a great help.
7. Look for an independent and objective home inspector, not someone who is affiliated with the agency selling the property.
8. Do your own research about the home, so you also know what questions to ask. You may want to make sure that the home inspector is familiar with the type of house you are planning to purchase.
9. Always ask for a sample report. This way, you know what to expect and have a rough idea of how he conducts the inspection. You need a home inspector who provides a comprehensive and easy-to-understand report.
Bonus: Choose a home inspector who wants you around during the inspection. This clearly demonstrates his commitment to being unbiased, transparent, neutral, and of course, the home buying and selling advocate you need.
Related Video That You Might Like:
For home inspection services in the Nashville and surrounding areas, look to Nashville Home Inspection. Call us today at (615) 573-4468 for immediate service. Click here to take advantage of our 24/7 Online Scheduling for your convenience. Call Us Today (615) 573-4468 To get the most comprehensive home inspection the Middle Tennesse. Nashville Home Inspection has been perfecting the art of Home Inspections since 1999. The industry has continued to evolve with new standards and more advanced technology to confirm the condition of the home. But one thing has remained consistent: our dedication to providing the best Home Inspection solutions.
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!