Nashville Home Inspection logo

(615) 573-4468

Avoid These Dangerous and Costly Issues in Your Home

Highlights

It seems like there is always something for homeowners to worry about these days. Fortunately, there are also many tools and resources at our fingertips to aid us in pinpointing these issues and resolving them. Nashville Home Inspection offers various inspection services to help you identify potentially dangerous or hazardous issues within your home, or even ones that may lead to costly repairs in the future. Let’s go through some risks that might be lurking undetected, and what you can do to avoid disaster.

Share:

Lead-Based Paint

If you are looking at a home that was built prior to 1978, you need to ensure it does not contain lead-based paint. This paint is dangerous due to the health problems that can result from inhaling or ingesting its dust particles. Lead paint deteriorates over time, which causes the wood pieces to chip off and become ground into fine, easily inhaled dust particles. The CDC ranks lead poisoning as the top threat to small children, and the law requires that sellers and landlords must disclose known lead-based paint hazards in a home that’s being sold.

Synthetic Stucco

If you are considering a stucco-sided home, make sure you determine whether it’s hardcoat or synthetic stucco. When installed properly, synthetic stucco can improve the energy efficiency and malleability of traditional stucco. Unfortunately, many contractors have created issues, such as moisture penetration, due to incorrect installation of the synthetic stucco. Nashville Home Inspections can complete a stucco inspection on a home before you decide whether or not to purchase, allowing you to make an informed decision.

Asbestos

Despite legislation regulating the use of asbestos, it is still used in a variety of products for fire resistance, flexibility, and strength. It is dangerous because the fibers remain in the air for a long time, where they can be easily inhaled or ingested. These fibers stay in the body and can lead to asbestos-related diseases, such as lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis, after as many as 30 years. You need to consult a professional if you suspect that you have asbestos inside your home, and should never attempt to remove it on your own.

Related Posts

Don’t Make Any of These Common Home Inspection Mistakes

Seller Mistake: Not Preparing for the Inspection As a seller, there are certain things you

The Role of a Home Inspection in Your Real Estate Transaction

A Home Inspection Gives You the Facts A home inspection is a thorough assessment of

Tags